the gapanese invasion is nigh!

"pinakamaganda ka nga sa buong kapuluan, pero latina na naman ang magwawagi ng korona at sash sa miss world! racism ba ito? lupasay!"

Saturday, September 08, 2007

becoming a better friend


Making Friends is about improving my relationships with my fellow humans. I relate to many people in many ways, every time. I relate to my parents and siblings everyday. I ask my parents how they do after work. They tell me that they are doing fine. In return, they ask me how schooling is. I reply that school is tough but I am surviving. I bond with my siblings especially if they have games. I watch and support them like a real friend does. Whenever inside the school, I relate to classmates. I join them for group studies or meriendas. I offer insights and possible solutions to problems. Light times will see me sharing jokes with them. In various places, including the Internet, I relate to friends who go to some other school. I compare notes with them. Often, we provide one another with advice or updates about our lives. All these relationships take a routine. Upon reading the book, I realized that there is still a chance to improve the already good relationships I have. I read that I can be a more capable friend to my family and friends.
Even as human relationships can be complex, I read that there are ways to grow in these relationships. This insight assures that there is always a room for improvement. While already good, my relationship with my family can still improve. I am thinking that with proper planning, I can give more quality time with them. The truth is that I am responsible for creating this improvement. There is something wrong with my time management if I cannot find enough quality time for my family during Sundays. I realized that it is actually easy to achieve what I want. I want to spend more time with my family. I want to bond with them during Sundays without me sacrificing my time for studies. Therefore, time management is worth all these troubles. This improvement is important because I only have one family. I cannot take chances when I have so much time but it is they who are not around anymore. I want to become closer with my family. It is possible when the change begins with me.
This insight makes the book important. If I want to have more friends, I have to become a friend. If I want to bond greater with my family, I have to make way for it. As I see it, this insight tells me that I have more control of myself. This being the case, the change within me makes possible for an improved relationship with others. I should aspire to become a better person in order to win others to my side. Becoming a better friend wins to my side my family and friends. I have more of myself to share to them. A change in me in time management or setting of priorities highlights my self-improvement. Only when I show complete rule over myself will others be convinced that I deserve to have them as friends. If this becomes visible to people I relate with, I will make more friends than I can imagine.
I can make friends in school, personal life and my professional life if the change starts within me. In school, I must be able to show that time is essential for me. I should not waste time which can be used for studies. Showing this to classmates will give them the impression that I can be a good influence. I will be able to carry the message that a friend that’s me cannot be a bad influence to them. In my personal life, I must show that I am always for self-improvement. There is no room for the steady in me. I aspire to get better from time to time. As other persons relate with me, I must show that I can influence them positively. This can be done if I do not just give up on problems easily. This can also be done if I pursue my ambition as planned. Through the many ways of self-improvement, my personal life can garner more friends. At work, I can soon show that I have a plan of action. If that does not work, I have an alternative plan. If both fail, I should not fear to try again. If I show to colleagues that I am strong enough to face challenges, I will win friends. It all starts within me.
Making friends can work anytime in any place. Relating to people is done in my waking hours. Therefore, if I am not alone, I can relate to anyone whether I am in school, home or wherever people are close to me. Being alone gives me the opportunity to think what improvements I can do to myself. I can plan ways to follow in becoming a better person. Being capable of mastering my time and my life will already win for me friends without seeking for them anywhere. It helps too to befriend them as I move along in life. I can befriend many people in my school. Visitors in my house can become friends also. Gatherings are a good source of making friends too. Where and when these opportunities appear, I get to bring out the friend in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment