the gapanese invasion is nigh!

"pinakamaganda ka nga sa buong kapuluan, pero latina na naman ang magwawagi ng korona at sash sa miss world! racism ba ito? lupasay!"

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

battle of the bibliophiles...almost

RR and I found this rare piece of treasure under the rubble of titles in National Bookstore SM North Edsa. Upon eavesdropping my ravings about this magic realist novel about the glories and tragedies of an eccentric Colombian clan, a bibliophile asked to touch the book with 60% discount, regretful that she didn’t grab hold of it ahead of me. When it appeared that she struggled to let go of my extraordinary find, I poised my nails for combat. Fortunately she released it in time or there would have been a bravura showdown of geeks over Gabriel Garcia Marquez’ One Hundred Years of Solitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment