the gapanese invasion is nigh!

"pinakamaganda ka nga sa buong kapuluan, pero latina na naman ang magwawagi ng korona at sash sa miss world! racism ba ito? lupasay!"

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

time zone


You browse through the TV channels with impatient fingers
And witness the entire earth on fire
Whereas, upon peering from behind the blinds,
You notice raindrops being shed by the sky.
“We live in a different time zone,”
Your lovely voice breaks in earnest.
I wrap my arms around you and
Feel your body freeze, as in protest.
No, these hand will not find themselves groping
For the pillar of salt
But frittering away in the keyboard, plodding through
Queer trains of thought
And these lips will always miss the kiss
Except on the pizza, fries, and glass of Coke.
This is my desire, you see:
To suspend the deadline looming before our eyes
And just stay wise with you for the rest of our crazy lives.
Despair at how I come face to face with eternity
And yet, a gulf of time and space makes me endure
This torture by you, my enemy.
Hell, yes, we really got to drag on—
We live, indeed, in different time zones.

3 comments: