the gapanese invasion is nigh!

"pinakamaganda ka nga sa buong kapuluan, pero latina na naman ang magwawagi ng korona at sash sa miss world! racism ba ito? lupasay!"

Friday, December 05, 2008

of birthdays and barges


one my junior english majors, criselda, is celebrating her birthday and because her class is special to me, i must go despite the lack of sleep the previous night. i ended up slumbering like a baby in the sofa in the midst of my students' rendition of aegis' "sinta," "basang-basa sa ulan" and "halik." apparently, stones were hurled onto cris' house' roof, to which the ever calm celebrant responded by saying, "birthday ko po kaya 'wag po kayong mambabato."

but this youtube entry will hopefully never turn you into a bato. my friend obet prodded me into checking this out after i complained that the manang next to me was so obstrusive while chatting with an indian online that she bombarded my eardrums with pronouncements like, "are you hear me?" "i'm chat to you," "my husband, they have a girl. she' a playboy, you know!" if it weren't midnight in the cafe, i would have made a scene by smashing her webcam.

No comments:

Post a Comment