the gapanese invasion is nigh!

"pinakamaganda ka nga sa buong kapuluan, pero latina na naman ang magwawagi ng korona at sash sa miss world! racism ba ito? lupasay!"

Thursday, December 25, 2008

baliuag in more ways than one

After spending my Christmas in yet again a different place, Jonison’s, I shuttled to Bulacan to bring my gifts to my relatives. I brought along Filipino-associated statement shirts to be sent off to my Canadian clan, and then left for my obligatory town-trotting across the province. I visited Baliuag because a prospect said his mother hails from there (sidelights: my ex' mother, like Barok's father, traces his origins in Malolos, and an old flame is from Hagonoy). To familiarize myself with the town plaza, I took the following pictures:



I briefly visited a friend in Pulilan, noting that another friend Niño spent his Christmas there (as a barrio lass with the penchant for crying while planting rice, so he claims) and a student stayed there to guard her aunt’s resort. I could visit them, I thought. However, Niño must have been possessed by a melancholy-induced frenzy (naba-Baliuag, in gay parlance) that he pointed me to a non-existent fastfood opposite another non-existent oil company. I ended up hiking the neighboring towns of Plaridel (where I saw a gym with coffins inside, I swear!) and Guiguinto.
On my way to Manila, Jonison informed me that he saw my ex being interviewed in the Chika Minute segment of GMA-7’s 24 Oras. I asked Marvin to confirm if he indeed figured on TV regarding the current Metro Manila Film Festival. He said yes, teasing me with “Sumisikat mula nang magkahiwalay?” Ganun pala ha. TV Patrol World, I’m ready for my interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment