the gapanese invasion is nigh!

"pinakamaganda ka nga sa buong kapuluan, pero latina na naman ang magwawagi ng korona at sash sa miss world! racism ba ito? lupasay!"

Monday, June 01, 2009

apparition


it was bad enough that L's commercial for a telecom gets aired on TV rarer than the previous months, so imagine a worse scenario when one of those once-in-a-blue-moon opportunities descended the planet and i missed L's adorable boobtube appearance. I was safely couched in the car just this lazy Friday when a classmate called me up to ask if I will grace another classmate's weekend party. I had the mobile phone's loudspeaker on, so when L's commercial jingle served as my classmate's sudden background noise, I grew so red that the driver thought I incurred a bodily ache or something. He asked what was wrong, but i only shrugged. At the moment, the car was wheeling along C-5 in order to fetch my friend who waited in Market! Market! My eyes got fixated in a particular billboard, and when the brightly-lit picture loomed in my full view, it was L's telecom ad. His ad's jingle played on and on in my mind, like a chant in a fantasy universe. You lose some, but you also win some.

No comments:

Post a Comment