the gapanese invasion is nigh!

"pinakamaganda ka nga sa buong kapuluan, pero latina na naman ang magwawagi ng korona at sash sa miss world! racism ba ito? lupasay!"

Sunday, August 03, 2008

through the stomach


















I’m spilled between writing a poem and
Fixing dinner.
My organic drive to feed myself
Commands me, with great urgency,
To prepare tinola.
So I dress the chicken,
Cut it into parts,
Sauté garlic, onion and ginger
In a pan.
I slice papaya in dices,
Pick on chili leaves,
Letting the broth boil meanwhile.
But something gets in the way:
You fill my mind,
And I dish out the choicest words
To brew my specialty.
I grab the pen,
Then begin to pitch ingredients
Of the ode in paper.
A little and soon,
I’m through cooking up
This poem
For the spice of my life.
Here I serve,
Have a taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment