the gapanese invasion is nigh!

"pinakamaganda ka nga sa buong kapuluan, pero latina na naman ang magwawagi ng korona at sash sa miss world! racism ba ito? lupasay!"

Sunday, May 10, 2009

desertion

















The echoing cries of frogs
Sink into my nerves, yet I
Better overlook their brags
And only heave a sigh
As I stand here still
Facing my Arayat
No younger than a hill
As the dying sunrays cut
The bloodied skies turning
Vermilion, finally black
I begin realizing
The dead cannot come back.
You disguise yourself upon
The spread of darkness
Over the lonely meadows of Gapan
And I feel helpless,
Drowning in a field of tears,
Anticipating
In what seems a million years
Vainly waiting
For your return
Though you are long dead
And I must learn
To believe what I dread:
Your life is already taken
And never will you come again.

No comments:

Post a Comment